Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can it be? I left Brooklyn to the wilds of Williamsburg, Virginia. I love Brooklyn, but let's face it, you have to get away once in a while. Don't think about robbing my house while I am away. I have a vicious dog that is trained to kill and two cantankerous kids at home.

We left Brooklyn at 11:30 AM and checked in at the Hampton Inn (one of at least 3 in Williamsburg proper) at 7:00 PM. Very nice, I would recommend it. Ilana, my loving spouse for the last 29 years, pointed out that this is the last time we can ever come to Williamsburg as there are three dinner theaters and when we do the next one there are no more.

We stopped at a Burger King in New Joisey on the way here to grab a quick bite. Did you know that once you leave the state of New York Passover is officially over? It seems that I have been eating Matzoh for so long that I forgot what that soft bread like thing surrounding my burger was. While eating, this little brat behind me kicks his chair into my finger. I moved the chair and the mother put the chair right back where it was and the kid kept kicking it into me. I jumped up yelled at the people while spitting out food. They got up and left. Now that is a Brooklyn move. No offense New Jersey, a Brooklyn man spitting out food is more intimidating than the Jersey Devil.

Several years ago we were visiting my in-laws and went to a shoe store in Redlands,California. When we paid, the clerk asked where we were from. I informed him that we were from Brooklyn. His response was, "But you are so nice". For all of ymy readers (all two) not familiar with Brooklyn, Saturday Night Fever only portrays a small percentage of Brooklynites. Don't forget that Dr. Cliff Huxtable is also from Brooklyn as was Danny Kaye and Rita Haywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment